Every other week the Beauty Spotlight Team spotlights one of our bloggers with a special post. Well this week it’s my turn and I couldn’t be more excited. You see I’ve done a total turnaround in my cosmetic color life. I used to be the PURPLE QUEEN! I had every purple eyeshadow I could get my hands on. I lived and breathed purple for eyes. Then I started adding in browns and taupes but I still would always say that purple was “my thing”. And then this came into my life:
When it arrived from Zuneta I was excited when I saw this but didn’t realize that my life was about to change. Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird looked like a golden green on my eyes and totally captivated me. I wanted to wear it all day every day. I didn’t want to remove my eye makeup. But being the obsessive eyeshadow person that I am, I not only removed it but I started shopping. Since I purchased the RBR I’ve also purchased what is now making up my Top Ten Khaki/Green eyeshadow list (and it was hard to narrow it down to 10).
1. As stated above Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eyeshadow – this started the obsession
2. Bare Minerals The Scenic Route – this has more green to it but it’s still a khaki on me. I adore this when wearing Rouge Bunny Rouge Velvet Frippery cream shadow as a base.
3. and 4. Inglot 419 and 433 – to say I’m crazy about these would be an understatement. They are beautiful on and each give me a slightly different look. They both have green and gold in them. 419 has more of a green tone while 433 is more khaki. Satiny smooth and long lasting. These are the best Inglot textures of the many I own.
5. and 6. Urban Decay Snare and MAC Greensmoke – these look really similar in my pictures but they are different. Snare is more green while Greensmoke is more smokey. Snare is also more sparkly. I’m more likely to use the Urban Decay at night and the MAC during the day.
7. and 8. Makeup Geek Poison Ivy and Senna Fixation – two beautiful green shadows. Poison Ivy is light while the Senna is deep and a gorgeous green with sparkle. I saw Fixation when I was shopping at IMATS and immediately scooped it up. These two work beautifully together.
9. Whip Hand Green Beret pigment – while I’m still using my small one that I bought from Beauty Army, I want the full size one. Whip Hand did a special Camo Collection for Beauty Army. I love all of them but this one is green with gold. It’s lighter than the rest and looks great on its own or combined with other shadows or pigments.
10. Rouge Bunny Rouge Velvet Frippery – now this has a story. I was so sorry I bought this when I did and here it is on my Top 10 list. Don’t buy it if you are looking for a great green eyeshadow because it’s not. What makes me love it is that I use it as a base with different colors – especially Bare Minerals The Scenic Route and the two Inglot khakis and it makes them look 10x better. For some reason this dull sort of green brings out the best in them. I don’t use a thick layer and I use a real eyeshadow primer first but with that combination I get color that doesn’t fade or change for the entire day.
From top to bottom: RBR Velvet Frippery (top pic only), Senna Fixation, Makeup Geek Poison Ivy,
MAC Greensmoke, Urban Decay Snare, Whip Hand Cosmetics Green Beret,
Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird, Bare Minerals The Scenic Route, Inglot 433 and 419
So there you have my Top Ten most loved and used khaki and green eyeshadows. There’s always room for more though so please tell me what you love and what I need to add to my collection. Do you see though what Rouge Bunny Rouge Absyinnian Catbird started? — Marcia
disclosure: only Makeup Geek is a PR sample, rest were purchased by me