I had subscribed to Beauty Army for three months but it just didn’t thrill me so I decided to drop this subscription box and concentrate on others. Beauty Army costs $12 a month and one of the biggest differences between BA and others is that you get to choose which samples you want. They give you a choice of approximately 9 samples and you can pick up to 6. Even though I cancelled after the third box I found out that Whip Hand Cosmetics was going to be featured in the October box and that the pigments were going to be unique to the box.
When I resubscribed I got my samples to choose from and couldn’t find Whip Hand. I started playing around with my profile and realized that by narrowing down the choices in what I was interested in I could get cosmetics! So I did that and now I’m back with Beauty Army.
Here’s October’s rundown
- Whip Hand Cosmetics pigment sample from their exclusive Camo Collection. This shade is called Locked + Loaded and it’s TAUPE! I’m not a big pigment user so this size is actually perfect although I can (and probably will) purchase it in the full size for $14 from Beauty Army.
- sample size of Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder. This fine finishing powder is designed to absorb the excess oil, allowing your skin to glow. Aphrodite Power sets makeup and absorbs shine while keeping your cosmetics fresh and natural all day long. This powder suits all skin types and tones.
- SKINN Cosmetics (Dimitri James) full size Twin Set. This gloss and lipstick duo is in the shade Coral Poppy and it’s a beautiful combination. To purchase one would cost $18.50 so that alone pays for the box.
- You Da Balm in Grapefruit – this is a very nice moisturizing balm. These retail for $3. I love the tube of this full size balm. (I forgot to take a picture so this is the set of 3 that Beauty Army sells.)
- Skyn ICELAND Hydra Cool Firming Eye Gels. This is a single set of eye gels that I’m looking forward to testing out. A package of 8 pairs is $30.
- a sample packet of Egyptian Magic. I’ve used Egyptian Magic before so having a sample for travel is terrific, it’s a jack of all trades.
I’m very happy with this month’s box and I’m glad I found my way back to Beauty Army. Just remember the trick seems to be to limit the choices of what you’d like to see in your box. While I came for Whip Hand Cosmetics, I left with a lot more. — Marcia