My fellow Beauty Spotlight bloggers have banished me to a desert island, and I can only bring 12 products (with sunscreen and lip balm already generously provided). Ok, it’s my fantasy so I am going to let you know up front I am NOT going alone. Nope, on my trip to a deserted island I am accompanied by JOE.
Joe and I are going to be spending a LOT of time together so I kept that in mind when selecting my twelve items. Here’s what I am packing for my romantic retreat… I mean desert island experience.
1. Beautisol Dark Self Tanner ($39): I’m not going to tan in the sun, but a tan makes you look thinner, healthier, and it covers so many flaws!! Before hanging out with Joe, I am first going to slather myself from head to toe with self tanner. Beautisol Dark Self Tanner is my go-to for a full body tan.
2. MAC Blot Powder ($24): I live in fear of walking around with a shiny nose so I always have this with me. It’s the perfect pressed powder.
3. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer ($24): It’s full coverage, it’s waterproof, and it covers my dark undereye circles beautifully. Joe and I may be staying up REALLY late at night, but it won’t show under my eyes!
4. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly ($18.50): I am quite sure I’m not going to be doing full eye makeup on a desert island, but MAC’s Paint Pot in Painterly is my go-to for a clean, finished eye look in seconds. This creamy eyeshadow dries down quickly and stays all day, and it never creases or cakes on me.
5. Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover ($12.95): I need a cleanser, cause there is no way I am going to get stuck with a blemish on this trip! This is the very best makeup remover I have ever found. It’s super gentle so it doesn’t irritate the eyes, but at the same time it removes even the most stubborn makeup. Another plus – it has anti-irritants that help reduce puffiness.
6. VENNeffect Anti-Aging Lip Treatment ($85): I have issues with hereditary vertical wrinkle lines around my lips – and this stuff truly reduces their appearance. I’m not going anywhere without it.
7. Besame Sweetheart Balm in Cherry ($18): I can’t believe I am picking a lip gloss that’s in a pot – sticking sandy fingers into lip gloss doesn’t sound good at all. But I just adore the unbelievable slip and texture of this gloss and the color is simply perfect with tanned skin.
8. Sugar Works Body Gloss in Tybee Island Beach Cottage ($12.95): I love their body oil, it leaves skin super moist but not wet, and the scent really becomes one with your body so it seems like you just naturally smell that way. This scent is described as “Sun, the ocean, warm sand, beach grass, wild beach flowers, a touch of suntan oil.” For sure Joe won’t be able to keep his hands off me.
9. Beach Day Spray by Unite ($29.95): This is the best spray for that wavy, beachy look because it smells amazing and doesn’t leave your air-dried hair crunchy.
10. Whatever Lola Wants from the Lippmann Collection ($17): This is my most favorite summer nail color of all time. It’s a beautiful shimmery lilac/lavender/pink and it looks especially amazing in the sun. This color makes me feel cute and sexy all at the same time.
11. Body Glide from Athleta ($8): This is a terrific way to prevent blisters on your feet and chafing around sports bras, plus it does extra duty moisturizing dry, cracked skin. You can insert your own joke about how with Body Glide I won’t have to worry about chafed thighs.
12. My Poipu hat from Athleta: I LOVE this sun hat. It has a nice foldable brim that is perfect for shading your eyes, but isn’t so big you bump into things as you walk. Squish it into your beach bag, and it pops right back into shape when you put it on. It’s on sale now too for only $29.99 – sheesh, I paid $54 for mine!! You can find the hat HERE.
There’s my list! I’d invite you along, but Joe and I are in some serious need of ‘alone time’. Aloha! – Lisa
*several items were PR samples, others were personally purchased