I want to introduce you to what I consider the best bath and body care products around. The line is called Make Me Smooth and it’s the creation of a wonderful woman named Nancy. I’m a little prejudiced about Nancy and Make Me Smooth which I’ll admit right off the bat. Nancy is most likely the reason I’ve got a blog even though she wouldn’t think so. In 1998 Nancy owned a new website called Emakemeup. It was a beauty forum which also had a review board attached. I started reading the reviews and slowly but surely became a part of Emakemeup. I applied to be a reviewer and happily remember the day I was accepted. My first review was for products from Calvin Klein. Looking back I realize my attempt was a little crude but it was my start and I’ll never forget that. When I met Lisa I invited her to join us and she became part of the history too.
Nancy had a fledgling line back then which was called Make Me Up. She sold cosmetics at first and then created her own line of bath and body products. Not being a fan of fragranced items due to migraines, it took me a while before I heeded the raves of others at Emakemeup and started adding a few products onto my orders. As cosmetics were phased out, the site was renamed Make Me Smooth. Soon it was all I ordered.
Here’s why I love the products
1. Every item is made by scratch just for you. Nothing is pre-made.
2. Make Me Smooth is made with the finest ingredients
3. It’s a labor of love for Nancy and her family
4. Everything Make Me Smooth sells has been created by Nancy, they are products she’s designed and cooked up through her own experimentation.
5. Her scent library is phenomenal. She has over 320 scents that you can choose from and she is always creating new ones.
6. You are the boss. When you order from Make Me Smooth you pick the product, the fragrance and the intensity of the fragrance. For someone like me who is gun-shy about how items smell I can order my items to be made in Light yet my best friend (who I met thru Emakemeup) orders everything in heavy. We are equally thrilled because we’ve got exactly what we want.
7. The products that Make Me Smooth carries are varied; you can buy hand washes, body creams, shower gels, fragrances and so much more. And like I said, you’re the boss. You pick the exact scent and strength that you desire.
What do I get out of writing this article? Absolutely nothing but the pleasure of sharing this brand with you. If there’s a discount or a special, it’s the same for everyone. We all get the same individualized service and freshly created products. Orders are made in the order received so no one gets preferential treatment. Being a small company you will have to wait for your order and the wait can be excruciating because once you make up your mind you’ll be dying to get that package in the mail. Once it comes you’ll realize why it was worth any wait. Nancy keeps people infomed through Facebook and on a sidebar on the site on the timing of products as well as announcing her special sales. All Make Me Smooth products are Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free, Artificial Colour-Free, Not Tested On Animals, Vegan-Friendly!
Here’s a little about my favorite items but this is a drop in the bucket compared to how many items they create –
1) Handy Wash: Personally I’m addicted to Handy Wash. It’s a creamy handwash that keeps my hands well moisturized. I was without this product for a long time and I see a difference when I don’t use it. Here’s the description: “Gentle, sls-free cleansers lather up all creamy-good to get the nitty gritty cleansing job done, while skin loving Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerine, and Avocado Oil delete stripping, attract moisture and refresh the hands.” $12.95 8 oz
2) Foaming Shower Meringue: This makes taking a shower fun! It’s so creamy and gentle on my skin. You put on this lovely cream and it foams up making shower time fun! “Cleansing Skins Lavishly, Everywhere! Give your body beautiful a fabulous treat every time you shower! Rich, creamy lather completely cleanses skin without strip, while skin-soothing Babassu Butter, and emollient Cherry Kernel and Sunflower oils lightly moisturize and protect the skin.” This is available in 4 sizes from $3.50 to $14.95.
3) Babe Cakes: A super rich body cream. If you have dry arms and legs you need this. It goes on so smoothly and after a few minutes sinks in to moisturize you all day long. “Body Butter. Indulging Skins, Everywhere! Sinfully rich, this super-smoother brings skin back to its ultimate place of comfort. At your skin’s service to soothe and protect. Indulge with Babe Cakes Body Butter, often! Key Ingredients: Rice Bran Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Shea Butter.” This is also available in 4 sizes from $3.50 to $18.95
As much as I like and respect the owner of Make Me Smooth, I wouldn’t be buying if I didn’t love the products. Like my mom always used to say to me, the world’s pickiest eater, “try it Marcia, you might like it”. Well I tried it and I not only like it, I love it! I’m sure you will too. — Marcia
Here’s another wonderful update! A coupon code of “beautyiz15” is being set up for readers of this blog for 15% off your order. This will be available through the end of March. Thanks so much to Make Me Smooth for offering that to us all.
More information that I forgot
1) The information about the intensity of scents is at checkout. You can order it in UNSCENTED as well as light, medium, heavy.
2) If you have special requests, like totally vegan friendly, you can email Nancy through Make Me Smooth to ask if products can be made that way.
images from Makemesmooth.com