We recently enthralled you with our Top Ten products in the color department and today we’ll do the same but with products in other categories. These are all items we’ve reviewed in the first 6 months of 2011 and have fallen in love with. It’s always hard to narrow down lists like this since there are so many others that we can recommend but we beat our heads against the wall and this is what we came up with. They aren’t listed in any particular order.
LISA’S TOP TEN
1. YBF Skincare – I love everything I’ve tried from the line but I’ve only reviewed Boost and Hydrate B Concentrate. Both make any other products I use work better so they had to be part of my top 10.
2. Skin 2 Skin Care – the Photoaging Repair Cream has become a staple for me. I am saying goodbye to hyperpigmentation with regular use of this fabulous, elegant product.
3. Makeup for Ageless Beauty by Linda Mason – I learned so much from this wonderful book. It’s the perfect book for those of us 40 and above. Linda Mason uses older models and realistic makeup as well as helps us solve problems. Highly recommended.
4. Argan Magic hair products – What a fabulous line and it’s so affordable. I adore all 3 of the products I’ve used and I hope you’ll not only go read about them in my review but buy them too. You’ll be just as thrilled as I am.
5. Beautisol Self Tanner – I’m obsessed with self tanners and Beautisol is one of the absolute best products on the market. One of these days I’ll even convince the pale Marcia that she’ll be safe with Beautisol.
6. Sweet Grass Farms – Where to begin? I can’t pick out a favorite so you’ll just have to believe me that everything I’ve tried from Sweet Grass Farms is wonderful.
7. Artisan Naturals – This is another brand I can’t get enough of. I’ve used Artisan Naturals for several years and every product is amazing. Good for you and good for the environment.
8. Tarte Celebutante – I call this the unsung hero of Tarte’s line because you never hear about it but you should. Reread my review to see why.
9. Xen-Tan – This is the most clever self-tanner on the market. The dial makes for perfect color no matter what shade you’d like your tan to be.
10. Whish Shave Savour Hair Inhibitor – It’s summer and I hate shaving. Whish to the rescue.
- Sirius Skincare machine – This wonderful, affordable skincare machine is perfect for cleansing, hydrating, exfoliating and just making my skin glow.
- Stages of Beauty – Stages of Beauty Grace Cream comes to bed with me every night. They’ve perfected a brand for each age group and I appreciate this greatly.
- DNA EGF sunscreen – This is the sunscreen that I use most days, no fragrance, moisturizing and gentle on my skin. Plus it’s got all this science behind it!
- Aveeno sun tour – the Aveeno Sunscreen Cancer tour is the best thing I’ve ever done for myself this summer. I learned so much about skin cancer and I’m grateful that Aveeno is providing this free service.
- Evan Healy – it’s unusual that a skincare company sells a trial kit so that you don’t have to shell out big bucks to make sure that a line works for you. Evan Healy has 3 kits and I’ve tried the Rose kit. It’s a line that I highly recommend.
- Enzo Skin Pure Vitamin E Oil – By far my favorite skincare product of the year. I love my Pure Vitamin E Oil. You’d think with summer that an oil would be too rich for your skin but you’d be thinking wrong. I still get dry patches and I know that Enzo Skin works for me each and every time.
- Exuviance Age Reversal eye cream – Oh I love eye creams and I have a ton (just bought a few more too!!) Exuviance though has been the one I’ve been reaching for most nights. It’s not too rich and it’s not too light, it’s just right.
- Real Techniques brushes (Pixiwoo) – Love, love, love. These brushes are worth every penny (and that’s about all they cost). I am constantly using the face brushes especially. The quality is amazing.
- YBF Skincare Define and Quench – Lisa and I agree wholeheartedly about the YBF brand. Absolutely everything I’ve tried is wonderful. For my top ten I’m picking Define and Quench for lips since both have helped me since I tend to ignore my lips when doing skincare. Whenever I use these YBF products I’m reminded of how great they are.
- Sebastian Color Ignite – Sebastian Color Ignite Shampoo and Conditioner are products I recommend over and over. Whenever I’m asked about my hair (and it’s pretty often actually) I mention these. They are easy to find, reasonably priced and make my hair beautiful. Thanks for rereading our top 10. These are the standouts among other standouts.