Beauty Info Zone is the creation of two women, Marcia and Lisa. They have been blogging about cosmetics since the late ’90’s, and are so crazy about cosmetics they each became makeup artists. Both Lisa and Marcia are certified teachers with a combined 50 years+ in education, and they value correct, detailed information about products as well as the importance of an easy to read, fun writing style.
Beauty Info Zone was launched in March of 2010. Lisa and Marcia created their blog as a resource to showcase real-life experiences with products along with detailed information for those researching products. They provide specific information in a positive, readable format and include pictures of products actually being used in every review.
Beauty Info Zone has a large email subscriber base, along with a fabulous Facebook and Twitter presence. Major cosmetics companies send product samples to Beauty Info Zone for review because they know Lisa and Marcia will post honest, correct information that consumers enjoy reading.
Marcia began as one of the very first members of Emakemeup.com in 1998 (no longer available). She is a makeup artist who has worked for MAC, Paula Dorf, as well as at Ulta. Her stash is unbelievable – so huge she refuses to take inventory. She has also been chosen as a skincare contributor on Temptalia’s blog.
Lisa became obsessed with cosmetics when her mom gave her a Jafra party for her 15th birthday. Since then, Lisa has worked as a freelance makeup artist, and has a stash that almost rivals Marcia’s. Her day job is working as a guidance counselor at a high school, but her spare time revolves around doing cosmetics research and enjoying all things beauty related.
Marcia and Lisa met in 2005 with a glorious multi-product swap on MakeUpAlley. They discovered they lived near one another, and a huge cosmetic-obsession-enabling relationship was born!
Marcia and Lisa can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Blog posts are the opinions of Marcia and Lisa, and our own personal experiences with the products. Keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different, everyone’s hair is different, etc., so while we do offer two opinions, what works for us may not work for you.
- We note in any review if the product has been given to us by the company for consideration for review. Beautyinfozone.com occasionally receives vendor/ brand sponsorships for mentioning their products and services. Many products are bought by us personally, although some may be gifts from friends and others may be samples. All opinions are 100% our own.
- Products sent to us for consideration for review are not guaranteed a positive review, and are not guaranteed a review.
- We are not compensated for any promotions or discount codes unless specified with the post. We have a few select affiliate partnerships; proceeds go to funding our blog.
- If you are a company who would like us to try products, sponsor a contest, or have special offers for readers of the BIZ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com
- We are the voice of the average consumer. What makes us unique is we personally use every single product ourselves, and we never review anything we haven’t tried for a considerable length of time. We provide real, honest opinions of all sort of products, not just pictures and descriptions of the latest releases.
- Here’s an article we did on March 16, 2013 about the new standards of the FTC.
At BeautyInfoZone.com, the privacy of our audience is extremely important to us. This section outlines the types of personal information we collect from our subscribers and visitors, and how it is used.
Like many other websites, BeautyInfoZone.com makes use of log files. The information contained in a log file includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referral/exit pages, and number of clicks-per-visitor. This data is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather demographic information – so that we may offer our readers a more personalized experience. We also may use this information to administer a contest, promotion, or other site features.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to additional parties without your consent. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
To comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. All editorial and advertisement content featured on BeautyInfoZone.com is age-appropriate for individuals who are at least 13 years old; however, our target audience consists of women and men between the ages of 21-55.
Contest/Giveaway Official Rules
Your email will not be shown and will be kept private. Giveaways are open to readers 18 years or older with U.S. shipping addresses only, unless otherwise stated. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
Winners are generated by random.org or Rafflecopter. Winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Facebook. Winners must respond within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen.
The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically register and/or enter repeatedly is prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified.
For Facebook, YouTube or Twitter contests: If you do not have the requested social media account, you may enter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the contest, your full name, mailing address and email address. You must send a separate email for each entry.
Beauty Info Zone and any sponsoring partners are not responsible for any late or lost entries, electronic, hardware, Internet or other computer/communications related malfunctions, giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Beauty Info Zone/any sponsoring partners, any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the giveaway or prizes lost in shipment. All federal, state, local or international taxes associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the giveaway through this website, you release Beauty Info Zone and any sponsoring partners from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. About the prizes: companies provide Beauty Info Zone products to review and/or give away. These companies are responsible for delivering the prizes to the winner(s). Beauty Info Zone/any sponsoring partners are not responsible for lost or misdirected prizes.
Beauty Info Zone is proud to be affiliated with Beauty Spotlight Team, Beauty Blog Link Love and Aveeno and the following groups below.