It’s so nice to be back online and able to write a TOP TEN TUESDAY review. This week is especially fun since it’s about eyeliners and I can’t live without my eyeliner when I’m doing my makeup. There were two hard things for me with this week’s challenge – 1) I can’t get upstairs to take pictures so I left out some favorite brands like Urban Decay and 2) we aren’t “allowed” to include black or brown which is what I wear most days. But I am rising to the challenge and picking out my favorite colored liners.
1. MAKEUP GEEK GEL LINERS – These are absolutely wonderful gel liners that I can’t recommend highly enough. The price tag of $8.99 makes these a steal because they are so long lasting and wear better than most gel eyeliners. I especially love Rave shown below because it’s a fabulous taupe. If you read the linked review you’ll see Electric, Mystic and Fame that are must haves if you love beautiful colors in gel eyeliners. *
Makeup Geek Rave Gel Eyeliner
2. TARTEsmolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof linersI can’t rave enough about tarte’s eyeliners. They make a variety of colors and styles. The two shown in the collage are Taupe and Rose Gold. Tarte comes out with new colors all the time and the best time to buy them is when they are part of a set, you’ll get shades you didn’t know you would fall in love with and at a great price. *
3. CAILYN LINEFIX GEL LINERS- I have a slew of these because they make shades that aren’t easily available from every line. These are $21 retail but I’ve yet to pay that. I’ve gotten them in subscription boxes and found them for less online. The collage shows black but the review shows the gorgeous green, blue and purple available.
Blue, purple, green from Cailyn gel liners
4. PIXI BEAUTY ENDLESS SILKY EYE PENCILS – If you are seeking colored eyeliner pencils you can’t go wrong with Pixi Beauty. These are amazing. I have the set shown which contains Black Noir, Deep Plum, Black Cocoa, Sage Gold and Oyster Glow as well as singles like Cafe Gold. These glide on and are truly silky. The set is $18 so you get a nice variety but once you try it you’ll go on to buy the singles for $12 too.
5. MARC JACOBS BEAUTY HIGHLINER GEL CRAYONS – No I don’t have this set (yet) but it’s amazing and I want it. I do have individual colors of the Highliner Gel Crayons and they are something to aspire owning. These are so smooth and the colors are fabulous. This set is $45 and contains O(vert) (forest green), Brown(out) (bronze with shimmer), Th(ink) (deep navy), (Plum)age (vivid purple), Blacquer (black), Sunset (golden bronze shimmer), Midnight in Paris (inky indigo blue). I have full sizes of Blacquer, Th(ink) and (Plum)age and those are $25 each so you can see what a gem this limited edition set is.
6. YOUNGBLOOD EYE-MAZING LIQUID EYE PENS – My favorite liquid eyeliners when it comes to colors out of the ordinary. There are 5 shades all together and I use the black and brown (marron) all the time but the other 3 are gems. Verde is an amazing green and Azul is the most unusual blue – it is not navy as you can see. I highly recommend these liquid liners and never want to be without Marron.
7. TARINA TARANTINO HYPERLINER – The one shown is Ultra Violet and it’s a fabulous shade as well as a fabulous pencil eyeliner. Besides being beautifully pigmented, it’s long lasting. The secret to this is to watch Hautelook for sales on Tarina Tarantino since the products are so well priced. I’ve bought most of my TT products this way.
Tarina Tarantino Hyperliner in Ultra Violet
8. IT COSMETICS NO TUG WATERPROOF GEL EYELINER PENCILS – All 10 shades are shown in our review of these gel eyeliner pencils so you can see what beauties they are. IT Cosmetics continues to be one of my favorite lines and these beautiful eyeliners keep up the tradition. These are my 5 and I am especially fond of Lucky Jade, Navy and Silk Taupe. It’s nice to have a navy that isn’t black so that makes it special. Plum (check review) is an especially pretty shade. *
It gel eyeliner swatches: black, copper, lucky jade, navy and silk taupe
The numbers stop at 8 but there are probably 2 dozen colored liners in here that I love. While black and brown may rule the day, colored liners should rule the night! Any that you love to recommend?
Join my fellow Top Ten Bloggers to find out how to spend your money! — Marcia
*notates products received for editorial consideration
This month’s Wantable Accessories Subscription Box has some wonderfully bold selections! Not only are there great pieces with mixed metals and natural stones, there’s also an item that I am proud to wear because it supports childhood cancer research. Headbands of Hope Everest Headband (retail value $14.85): This is a very cool fabric stretchy headband that […]
The nude lip look is everywhere – it’s definitely not a trend that is going away any time soon! I am always on the lookout for products that creat a perfect nude lip. I have thin lips without much pigment, so I have to be careful the nude isn’t too white (makes me look like […]
Mid October already! Amazing how time can fly. The bloggers are flying by with a lot of giveaways so it was a busy week for me gathering these up. I hope these are all treats without any treats. Speaking of treats, there are several food and candy giveaways this week, fattening you up for the […]
IPSY is one of the most fun subscriptions you can buy. At $10 a month you totally get your money’s worth every single month. I’ve already used 2 of the 5 items in my box and I’ve only had it a few days. The bags seem to have a variety of items in them and […]
I’ve been a Wantable subscriber since I first learned about it shortly after they opened their website. I’ve been lucky enough to get some boxes for review but even when I don’t, like today’s box, I’ve kept my subscription up since the $36 a month that I pay for a box always contains more than […]
Prime Beauty checks out a few Holiday Collections and finds The Marc Jacobs Beauty Sky-Liner 7 Pc. Petite Highliner Collection–the perfect gift for the beauty enthusiast but she won’t give it up! With all of the gorgeous and luxurious beauty oils on the market, Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog has found four more to love […]
I swear, indoor heat is the most annoying thing ever. I have so many issues with dry skin and dry lips…my entire body becomes the Saraha Desert. I am always surrounded by tubes of various lip balms, but at night I like to give my lips a good scrubbing with bodyography Exfoliating Lip Duo ($25). […]
Wantable continues to impress me with their Intimates Subscription Box. The box they sent me this month has a great selection of five different pieces that are sweet, cozy, and perfect for transitioning into fall. The Intimates box was so small on the outside – it was actually about half the size I typically expect […]
Algenist is a perennial favorite here at the BIZ – I just reviewed their Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer in my updated Top Ten Primers post. If you want to try this primer, or the best-selling GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream, a luxurious cream that visibly strengthens fragile skin texture and softens facial contours while decreasing the […]
I’m guessing that we all love surprises although there are a variety of surprises we could have in our life. Some aren’t so great (falling and being out of commission for months) and some are wonderful (finding about a new baby or marriage) while others are surprises that come because we want them. Glossybox sent […]